Saturday, July 11, 2015

Temporary Obscurity



So I received a copy of Temporary Obscurity by B. Diehl and Charles Joseph. It was fairly easy to order online, and only $5. Temporary Obscurity is a pretty short chapbook of poetry blending works from both authors. The table of contents should help the reader distinguish who wrote what poem. Honestly, I didn't even think of who wrote what when reading it. I noticed style changes and such, but it wasn't as important as the experience the combination was giving. The chapbook makes you lose yourself for a bit. You're thrown into their world, and it's not half bad.

I've never heard of Charles Joseph, though he is now a poet that I intend on following. B. Diehl I've only known through twitter and a few of his posts on facebook, though I'm not sure I've ever read anything of his. They're both stellar poets and the book really does speak for itself.

You're only with them for a short time, but fuck that's one awesome time. The title is like a warning sign in a way. You're not sure what you're getting yourself into. You're given a small, saddle-stitched booklet (which is a damn good print job, kudos to the printer) and forced to make the decision to a gamble. Enter the unknown and see what it does to you or play it safe and leave it on the coffee table for guests to see. You won't be disappointed if you enter though.


B. Diehl and Charles Joseph are promising poets. I'm interested in seeing what they have planned for the future, whether it's another collaboration or a seperate collections. Either way, the next project is something I'm sure we'll be thrilled to see. You can check them out at the information below. Buy a book too, it's only $5 and one hell of a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment