Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Poetry Lives on Kingswood Clock


I can’t say when I really met Z.M. Wise, but I can remember when I first saw him read. It was about a couple years back at a Barnes N Noble reading. When I heard him read that first time I could tell he was going to become a really strong writer. When I found out he had a book release I simply had to purchase a copy, and I cannot say I’m disappointed in my purchase.

Take Me Back to Kingswood, Clock, is a solid collection of poetry; one that I would recommend to anyone who is searching for the latest releases in the poetry world. An interesting note about writers is that they’re always growing, always getting better in their craft, and this book leads the reader through the authors development. It’s not often readers can experience such a journey, to actually see the progression.

It's been said to me in the past by other poets that one of the problems with the literary world, poetry specifically, is that there's a lack of feeling. We're focused on getting the job done. It's not far from the truth, there are several poets who tend to put a few pieces out but there's a lack of feeling, a lack of intimacy between poet and poem. The intimacy was there in the book, but it grew as I moved through each page.

I’ve chatted with Wise on a few occasions, and through those conversations I could see the dedication in him. I could see that poetry wasn’t simply a writing hobby; that poetry actually breathed inside this person. Wise is strong in his work as he is charismatic on stage and in-between conversations.

Take Me Back to Kingswood, Clock, is one hell of a read altogether. I’m proud to have it on my shelf.

You can purchase this book at: http://www.maverick-books.com/kingswood_clock.html

No comments:

Post a Comment