Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Poetry For the Living Dead!




I have to say that I was rather shocked to find this wonderful collection sitting in my mail box when I arrived home a few weeks ago. I must give my thanks to Presa Press for the complimentary review copy. I love poetry; even manage a whole press dedicated to publishing the most talented poets out there. Though, I have never come across Eric Greinke’s work, I can say that the collection that was sent out to me, For the Living Dead, is a really solid and well written one.

Greinke has a direct and conversational way with his words. Readers who grab this book will be twisted and thrown through surrealistic and bold spectrums as they move through the pages. For the Living Dead contains a wide range of poetry from the authors career, from 1969 to 2012 and it is simply amazing to watch a talented writer become seasoned through each turn of the page.You almost think you get to know the poet through this wealth of material collected here, but I get the feeling there’s a lot more to steal away from the poet.

I would definitely recommend this collection to anyone who is interested in poetry or interested in starting out as a poet. I think you’ll be able to learn a lot as you examine the growth that takes place through these pages. The book has great a great connection through each page and completely immerses the reader in his well written lines. This is simply a must have for all poetry lovers out there.

I may have to look into the other titles out there at Presa Press, and I’ll definitely be looking for more of Greinke’s work.

You can purchase Eric's book here at http://www.presapress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment